Looking for how to get a United Arab Emirates scholarship? You can study in UAE on full funded or partially funded scholarships offered by Government, NGOs and Universities in UAE to international students and citizens. Applications are open for Canadian University Dubai Undergraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for International Students.
The Canadian University Dubai is offering scholarships for full-time students enrolled in four academic courses or more per semester. Applications for scholarships can be made only after you are accepted in the university. The scholarship/studentships are open to all students of any citizenship who have met all the admission requirements. Canadian University Dubai Scholarships are awarded to international Undergraduate and Graduate students based on the student’s academic performance. International awards at Canadian University Dubai in UAE, 2019/2020
The Canadian University Dubai, popularly known as CUD, is a private university of higher education in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, founded in 2006. The Canadian University Dubai offers education based on the Canadian curriculum. Address: Dubai – United Arab Emirates
A primary objective of the scholarships offered by Canadian University Dubai is to promote the recruitment and retention of high academic achievers. Also, at the same, they understand the importance of difference and diversity. Further, they do not want financial limitations or special needs to get in the way of a great education.
Canadian University Dubai offers the following scholarships:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Financial Hardship Scholarship
- Special Needs Scholarship
- Special Talent Scholarship
- 7th July 2019 (for the Fall Semester)
- 20th December 2019 (for the Spring Semester)
Eligible Countries: International
Scholarship will be taken at Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- School of Business Administration
- School of Communication & Media Studies
- Engineering, Applied Science and Technology
- Liberal Arts & Sciences
- School of Public Health & Health Sciences
Eligibility for Canadian University Dubai (CUD) Scholarships:
- CUD Scholarships are open to all students of any citizenship who have met all the admission requirements.
- CUD Scholarships are awarded to full-time students enrolled in four academic courses or more per semester. For financial hardship and special needs scholarships, the number of academic courses students must enroll in will be considered on a case-by-case basis, although, where possible, a minimum of four academic courses is recommended. Please note that scholarships can be granted for credit-bearing courses only.
- Students on this scholarship must maintain the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) necessary in order to continue their scholarship. For special needs scholarships, the cumulative grade point average (CGPA) necessary in order to continue their scholarship will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Although the specific cumulative grade point average (CGPA) requirements may vary according to the type of scholarship you applied for
- Students can apply in successive years, but CUD scholarships are only valid for two successive semesters, i.e. Fall and Spring. Scholarships are not valid for Summer semesters.
- Scholarships are only valid for current tuition fees.
- You can apply for more than one scholarship, provided you meet the eligibility requirements. In case a student qualifies for more than one reduction, scholarship or discount, the student will be given the chance to choose the benefit with the highest value.
- All remaining fees (tuition and housing) must be paid promptly in order to receive and maintain your scholarship.
UP TO 50% TUITION WAIVER
- You should have an academic average of 99%* or above to apply.
- For students renewing their scholarship, the second semester CGPA at the conclusion of the semester must be 3.98 or higher for the scholarship to continue.
40% TUITION WAIVER
- You should have an academic average of 95 – 98.9%* to apply.
- For students renewing their scholarship, the second semester CGPA at the conclusion of the semester must be between 3.95 – 3.97 or higher for the scholarship to continue.
30% TUITION WAIVER
- You should have an academic average of 90 – 94.9%* to apply.
- For students renewing their scholarship, the second semester CGPA at the conclusion of the semester must be between 3.9 – 3.94 or higher for the scholarship to continue.
20% TUITION WAIVER
- You should have an academic average of 85 – 89.9%* to apply.
- For students renewing their scholarship, the second semester CGPA at the conclusion of the semester must be between 3.85 – 3.89 or higher for the scholarship to continue.
10% TUITION WAIVER
- High school students who were granted an automatic 20% tuition waiver for their first semester at CUD and have maintained a 3.8 – 3.84 CGPA, may be eligible for a 10% tuition waiver on the subsequent semester. 10% tuition waiver is only for returning students only.
Number of Scholarships: the total number scholarship awards to be awarded is Not specified, it depends on the specific criteria outlined for each scholarship.
How to Apply:
Applicants must email their scholarship application forms (or visit the scholarship section of Student Affairs), along with all supporting documents (as detailed in the relevant sections on the different scholarship types) to [email protected]
- Late or incomplete scholarship applications will not be considered by the scholarship committee.
- Application Deadlines: 20th December 2019
- the number of scholarships awarded is limited and you must meet the minimum selection criteria for the relevant category in order for your application to be considered by the scholarship committee. The amount to be awarded depends on the financial need and/or academic qualifications of the applicant.
Visit CUD Scholarship Webpage for more details.
Award Provider: Canadian University Dubai (CUD)